YNG WHO? - 80s queerness and Yngwie Malmsteen fanzine
An A5 32 page fanzine exploring 80s fandom, queerness and gender expression, with the creator Nina's love of 80s neo classical rock guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen.
Even though I call YngWHO? a fanzine, it’s as much a perzine*. It’s written from a fan perspective and I write about fandom as well as about personal things like memories from the 80s and gender stuff.
- all things Yngwie, including how I discovered his music, what we can learn from him, and reasons to hate him (yep)
- thoughts about fandom and fame
- thoughts about queerness, gender expression, and the 80s
- film / book / zine recommendations
- and also… a poster, a puzzle, and a paper doll!
The zine is 32 pages, in A5 format. The cover is printed on coloured paper, the inside pages on recycled paper, and it’s bound by yellow yarn.